Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Social- Let's Get Literary!

Sunday Social
This week's Sunday Social is all about reading. I wish I could be more of a reader, Tom always has his nose in a book. I just cannot seem to get into it. With that said...

 1. Favorite Childhood Book: I was quite an avid reader when I was a kid, until my seventh grade reading teacher basically told me that I was an idiot and that it was inappropriate to be reading Anne of Green Gables and Little House on the Prairie. She wanted me to challenge myself more with reading, in the end, she scared me away from reading. I'm trying to get back into it. My favorite book was Dear Mr Henshaw by Beverly Cleary. It's about a boy writing to his favorite author. I don't know what it was about the book, but I read the whole thing in one sitting. I was also an avid fan of Judy Blume and R.L. Stine.
Source

2. Favorite Book Lately: Game of Thrones I was about 3/4 of the way through when I put it down, Tom keeps pushing me to pick it back up. I really need to, I have not seen the series on HBO yet and I absolutely refuse to do so until I have finished the book.
Source

3. Book You Wish You Could Live In: The Notebook, or really any Nicholas Sparks book. He is definitely one of my favorite authors, and I want to visit North Carolina specifically to see where the majority of his books take place. 
Source

4. If you could be any character from a book, who would it be and why? I am going to have to let my nerd side show with this one, I would love to be Menolly from Anne McCaffrey's Dragon Riders of Pern trilogy. I read the books when I was in high school, and I could relate to the character so much I actually dressed up as the character for Halloween. 
Source

5. Favorite Book Turned Movie? Interview with a Vampire, because Anne Rice did such an amazing job with the screenplay, and Tom Cruise IS Lestat. I was so obsessed with the movie as a teenager that I have a signed copy of the book, and I refuse to read/watch The Twilight Saga.
Source

6. Favorite Magazines: I'm not really a fan of magazines. I occasionally like reading Cosmopolitan as a guilty pleasure, and I will read People while at the dentist's office. I have a free subscription for Good Housekeeping right now, but I'm not really getting into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...